
I have a habit of reading more than one book at a time. For now, since we are in the process of moving, only one has been able to get my attention. It is a book that I started last October, but I ran out of library time before I'd finished it. I plan on buying it, but for now I am still borrowing it from the library. Almost finished, I am thoroughly enjoying this book. I love historical novels...particularly those based on the Tudor family line. The book I am working on now is by one of my favorite authors, Alison Weir. "The life of Elizabeth I" is an amazing account of an amazing woman who took over, and made her own, the throne of England during sixteenth century England. So unparalleled was her reign, the late sixteenth century was aptly named the Elizabethan Period. In a time that men thought women couldn't do as much as blow a feather without the guidance of a man, Elizabeth I proved a woman's worth. She led the country to political and religious stability in the wake of the tyrannical reigns of Henry VIII and Mary, and she (re)directed England's fate so that it became the strong hold among European nations.....without a man by her side (as she never married!!!)
I realllllly love this book...and I hope someone among my family or friends will someday take the time to read about this inspiring woman:)

1 comment:
I just started reading this. Love it!
Post a Comment