my virtual keepsake box.... the things that make me happy, the things that make me sing...these are a few of my favorite things...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wine venture

I have decided to add a little something to my blog. I love exploring new wines...love having a glass while cooking dinner....love having a glass with dinner. I am more favorable to whites during the summer *well, naturally!*....and prefer crisp semi sweet to dry peppery wines. I generally buy a bottle a week until I find one I like, then I buy it for a while until I grow bored of it *but it becomes a staple for when I need a reliable taste! I know what I lik hon!*

I am going to try and keep record of those I try and what I think about them. WE'll see if I can stick to it though!

Last week I didn't want to spend more than 10 on a bottle, so I found a bottle of Hardy's *which I love in red, btw*....but I found a bottle that struck my curiosity. Hardy's Shiraz Grenache label '05. Price 5.99. A medium rose color, very pretty. I was very impressed with the taste, very pleasing to the palate with light plum and raspberry flavors. Bouquet was a tad peppery, but raspberry was more abundant...so forgave the pepper:) Found it to be very generous.....and I paired it with pasta and cream sauce. Very fitting;) I think it would be great alongside a rich cheese...perhaps a Dubliner or something stout. Loved it!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger